Pages

Wednesday 11 November 2015

Writing a recount



Beginning - this includes your hook. Start your recount with an exciting beginning that captures your audience interest levels
Yay we are going to go to Napier, it was a long ride. We stopped at the Waka falls and looked at all of the people looking for prawns. Then we had to go through the Gorge to get Hawke's Bay. Then we had to go through Hastings and then we arrived at Napier. First I plugged my
XBox into the TV and the first game I played was Counter strike.




Ensure your recount covers the orientation: When, Where, Who, What, Why and How

Set your recount out in a clear logical order and in paragraphs

Write in the past tense

Use lots of adjectives - (describing words) personal thoughts and feelings

Language Features such as similes, metaphors, onomatopoeia

Use connectives
I went to go watch some tv for 5 minutes. Then my Mum said “Do you want to come for a ride?” I said “Okay let's go”. We went to  Video ezy to get some games, but there were no Xbox games in there. We went to United Video and there were only 6 games there, so me and my brother had to pick 2 games each. I got this ninja game and Shark Tale. My brother got a rugby game and Redick. We went to the supermarket and bought some drinks. My big brother made us something to eat for dinner. Then we had to go to sleep  and when it was day time I went into my mums room. She was still asleep. We had 3 days at my kokos house, so me and my family went for a big ride down to see my my great great grandma. She was so old, we had to be so nice to her and be very very quiet. Me and my big brother Jacob went inside to see my Grandpa. We said hi
Conclusion
Sums up how you felt about the experience.




and we hung out with them. It was so great so see my grandma and my grandpa. Then we went to go to see my cousins, my uncles and my Auntie. My cousin had a dog called CJ. After this we went to got to see my nephews. When we got there I went straight to the Playstation. I played force at the back yard. It was this shooting game and there were zombies in the backyard. We had to shoot all of the zombies before they reached the house. 



No comments:

Post a Comment